On behalf of the Eating Disorders Center, our hearts go out to all who have been impacted by COVID-19. We have made it our top priority at UC San Diego Eating Disorders Center to ensure the health and safety of our patients and community. We are working diligently to continue to deliver quality, evidence-based eating disorders treatment to all who need it in this time of crisis.
With the situation evolving quickly we are following all recommendations from the CDC, San Diego County, and UC San Diego Heath during the pandemic. We are evaluating our policies and treatment plans daily to ensure that we are adhering to the latest state and federal guidelines.
During the COVID-19 pandemic our priority of patient care remains. Management meets daily and is working diligently to ensure the safety of our patients while maintaining the highest standard of care.We have implemented the following measures in our clinic:
- All assessments are being conducted via telehealth.
- All admitting patients are being tested for COVID-19 prior to admission.
- Patients are still admitted to in-person Partial Hospitalization Programming (PHP) levels of care. We are limiting group sizes in our onsite PHP to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Education and support groups for parents are offered online.
- Options for individual and family sessions are offered via telehealth.
- As a step-down in care we are offering Intensive Outpatient (IOP) services via telehealth with in-person nursing assessments and medication management appointments.
- Staff members and patients are screened daily prior to entering program. All patients and staff members are wearing masks while on site.
- Our dedicated janitorial staff are cleaning the clinic throughout the day, including sanitizing commonly touched surfaces frequently.
- We are continuing to work directly with insurance companies to ensure that coverage is authorized for the nuanced services being provided.
As our country responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to update our guidelines to ensure best clinical practice to serve our patients and families.